FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is GlobalPost?
A part of the Auctane family, GlobalPost offers a range of domestic and international shipping solutions through our partnerships with global postal carriers and commercial carriers. These partnerships allow us to offer time and money-saving features not found with traditional international services.
GlobalPost offers the following services:
- GlobalPost Economy International
- GlobalPost Standard International
- GlobalPost Plus
- GlobalPost Go
- Parcel Select Destination Entry
- GlobalPost Economy Domestic
- GlobalPost Standard Domestic
How can I purchase a shipping label using GlobalPost?
GlobalPost is available in most popular shipping platforms, including Stamps.com, Endicia, ShipStation, ShipWorks and Shippingeasy. We are constantly adding new partners. Contact us directly to see if your shipping provider offers GlobalPost.
What is the difference between GlobalPost Economy International, GlobalPost Standard International, GlobalPost Go, and GlobalPost Plus?
GlobalPost Economy International is a cost-efficient international shipping service available for parcels up to 4.4 lbs. that offers tracking into the destination country.
GlobalPost Standard International includes delivery confirmation (i.e. door-to-door tracking) and is available for parcels ups to 70 lbs.
Both GlobalPost Economy International and GlobalPost Economy Standard are Delivered Duty Unpaid (DDU) services, meaning that the receiver/customer is responsible for any import customs clearance, duties, and taxes. upon delivery.
GlobalPost Plus is an international DDP service for shipments from the United States to Canada, Mexico, the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, and Hong Kong. DDP (Delivered Duty Paid) means you, rather than the recipient, will pay for any duties and taxes assessed by the customs authority of the receiving country. These fees will be billed back to your account after the shipment has been processed through the country’s customs office. GlobalPost Plus is available for parcels up to 66 lbs.
|Weight Limit Per Package
|Australia, Canada, Hong Kong, Mexico, New Zealand, France, Germany, Italy, Spain and the U.K
|Flats up to 16oz. Packages up to 4.4 lbs.
|Packages up to 70 lbs.
|Packages up to 66 lbs.
|Varies by country
|Max Value of Goods
|Varies by Country
|Varies by Country
|Up to $100 against loss or damage, plus shipping costs
|Up to $200 against loss or damage, plus shipping costs
|Duties & Taxes
|Paid by recipient
|Paid by recipient
|Paid by shipper
GlobalPost Go is a DDP flat-rate international service for parcels up to 2 lbs shipped to Canada or Australia. All taxes and duty fees are included, meaning the recipient will not be charged anything at delivery. One low flat-rate to pay ($19.95 for parcels to Canada, $25.95 to Australia), that’s it!
How does GlobalPost work?
All GlobalPost packages are first sent to one of our domestic regional shipping centers for international processing and bundling. At the GlobalPost shipping center, we print and apply an international shipping label and customs form using the information you provided. For GlobalPost Economy and GlobalPost Standard shipments, your package is then handed to a postal carrier, such as the USPS, and transported to its final destination.
Is there a minimum number of packages I must ship?
Whether you ship hundreds of packages a day, or one package a week, you can still take advantage of GlobalPost and our competitive, low rates.
If you ship at least five international shipments per day, you may be eligible for up to 30% off through one of our SmartSaver programs. Consolidation of shipments is required prior to sending it to our processing facility but there is no need to pre-sort packages by destination.
- SmartSaver Pickup™ – Our team will pick up your consolidated shipments from your warehouse and transport it to the closest processing facility in the same day.
- SmartSaver Ship-In – Consolidate your individual shipments into one or more large containers and ship it to our processing facility using our shipping label, provided at no additional cost.
- SmartSaver Drop-off – Use your own carrier to ship your consolidated shipments to our processing facility.
Contact us or call us at 1-888-899-1255 for more information.
How much does GlobalPost cost?
GlobalPost services are available through select shipping platforms, including Stamps.com, Endicia, ShipStation, Shippingeasy and ShipWorks. There is no additional fee to have GlobalPost enabled on those platforms.
What countries does GlobalPost ship to?
GlobalPost Economy International and GlobalPost Standard International ship to over 220 countries.
GlobalPost Plus is available for shipments to Australia, Canada, Hong Kong, Mexico, New Zealand, France, Germany, Italy, Spain and the U.K.
How are GlobalPost packages tracked?
GlobalPost tracking capabilities depend on the shipping service purchased.
Economy International: Tracking appears up to the exit point of the package leaving the U.S. The last tracking event will show the package leaving U.S. customs.
Standard International and GlobalPost Plus: Tracking is door-to-door, showing a tracking event when the package is delivered to the recipient.
Where can I track my GlobalPost packages?
For the most comprehensive tracking information, use the GlobalPost Tracking Page located at www.goglobalpost.com/track
You may also track your shipments through the order history section of your online shipping program.
Do I need to include Customs Forms on a GlobalPost package?
No. GlobalPost takes the hassle out of international shipping by handling this part for you. At the GlobalPost Shipping Center, our team will apply the necessary international shipping labels and customs form to each package using the information provided by you.
Does GlobalPost include free parcel coverage?
- GlobalPost Standard International includes free parcel coverage up to $100, plus the cost of shipping.
- GlobalPost Plus and GlobalPost Go include free parcel coverage up to $200, plus the cost of shipping.
Can I purchase additional insurance coverage?
Yes, additional package insurance can be purchased, but the total amount claimed for any package cannot exceed the total value of the package.
How do I file a coverage claim with GlobalPost?
To submit a claim, go to https://goglobalpost.custhelp.com/app/claim.
- Do not include the shipping cost when filling in the “Claim Amount” field. If the claim is approved, the shipping cost will be added to your total payment.
- Please do not submit claims for lost packages before 30 days after the shipment date.
- Claims for damage can be submitted at any time.
- All claims must be submitted within 90 days after the shipment date.
- Claims can take up to 3 weeks to be processed. Please contact GlobalPost directly if you have not received a response to your claim within 3 weeks.
Can I send an International Letter with GlobalPost?
Currently, you cannot send Letters with GlobalPost services. GlobalPost is for large envelopes, flats, thick envelopes, and packages only.
Are there any restrictions when shipping with GlobalPost?
GlobalPost Prohibited & Restricted Items
Certain items may not be eligible for shipment using our services. Eligible shipment items and quantities are generally governed by the origin and destination country’s postal regulations, import and export laws, rules and regulations, and our third party shipping and transportation providers’ rules and regulations. It is your responsibility to comply with all laws, rules and regulations related to your shipment. Ineligible items may be returned, seized, destroyed or disposed of.
Ineligible items include any goods which are prohibited by law or regulation, or any hazardous materials, dangerous goods or other items which are subject to regulation by Title 49 of the U.S. Code of Federal Regulations or as defined by the USPS https://www.usps.com/international/shipping-restrictions.htm. In addition, you may not use the services to ship any items listed below:
- Air bags
- Alcoholic beverages
- Animals, insects & furs
- Dry ice
- Firearms & other weapons (including imitations or replicas)
- Hazardous materials
- Hemp-based products (including CBD)
- Human remains & medical waste
- Lithium batteries
- Marijuana (medical or otherwise)
- Medicines & prescription drugs
- Nail polish
- Perfumes (containing alcohol)
- Perishable items
- Tobacco Products (including e-cigarettes, e-cigars, e-hookah, vape pens, advanced refillable personal vaporizers and electronic pipes)
Certain countries and/or third party shipping providers may also restrict the shipment of:
- Flowers, plants & seeds
- High value items (e.g., fine art, gemstones, precious metals, jewelry, stamps, coins, cash)
- Indecent or obscene materials
The lists above are not exhaustive, and they may be updated at any time. Please contact us for additional information about eligible items and quantities.
Can duties and taxes be pre-paid with GlobalPost?
- GlobalPost Plus allows you to pay duties and tax on parcels shipped to Australia, Canada, Hong Kong, Mexico, New Zealand, France, Italy, Germany, Spain and the UK.
- You can also prepay tax and duties on parcels sent to Canada via First-Class Mail International, Priority Mail International or Priority Mail Express International. Visit our Canada Delivery Duty Paid page for details.
- Finally, our new GlobalPost Go service lets you ship parcels up to 2 lbs to Canada and Australia for a flat fee that’s inclusive of all taxes and duties!